From Last Night:
- Indians beat the Sox 19-10 in game one of a DH, Casper Wells (the OF!) is the only Sox arm not to allow a hit
- Harvey goes 7, gives up 3 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 10 K…doesn’t get a win and the Mets lose
- Teheran K’s 10 Dbacks, Braves win 3-0
- CC dominates early, but the Orioles get to him late to win 4-3
- The Pirates big inning backs Cole’s victory
- Miller gets chased early in Oakland
- Cuddyer takes the hit streak to 25
What I’m Watching Today:
- Wainwright duels Parker in Oakland (4p Eastern)
- Turner welcomes the Friars to Miami (7p Eastern)
- Liriano tries to keep up his ’06 impression (7p Eastern)
- Lee and Ryu in LA (10p Eastern)
The Big Question:
- Is it time to track Cuddyer?
On an eventful Friday, three things stood out most. First, the Indians and White Sox played an insane game that featured former Tigers outfielder throwing a scoreless inning. Second, Matt Harvey threw another brilliant gem that his team coughed up. Third, Michael Cuddyer has now crossed the 25 game mark on his hit streak. I usually take notice around 20 and lock in past 25. I’m in love with hit streak chases because DiMaggio’s 56 game streak is the the single most impressive record in professional sports and any attempt to get near it is so impressive. Cuddyer only needs three more hits to be halfway. Wow.