From Last Night:
- Harper homers off Teheran and gets a fastball in his leg the next time out, Nats lose
- The Twins rock Shields, Albers nearly goes the distance in his debut
- Latos superb as Reds top the A’s
- Josh Harrison walks off against the Marlins
What I’m Watching Today:
- Colon and Bailey face off at GABP (1230p Eastern)
- Medlen takes on Zimmermann (7p Eastern)
- Matt Harvey Day! (7p Eastern)
- Shelby Miller faces the Dodgers (8p Eastern)
The Big Question:
- Thoughts on the Harper/Teheran dustup?
You know I’m always coming down against the guy throwing the ball at the batter, but a couple of points should be made. If Teheran hit him on purpose, at least he kept it down in an area that wasn’t dangerous. So good on him for not being Weaver. Second, it’s childish to throw at a guy for homering off you, even if he did watch it a little too long. This isn’t the middle ages, you don’t duel someone over your honor. Shake it off. You threw the meatball, you have to watch him strut. I don’t like when players hot dog it around the bases but you shouldn’t throw at them for it and Harper just admired it and then got moving. It might not have been intentional, but if it was, that’s my take.